Thursday, September 9, 2010

Besan ka dosa

I have a lot of besan at home, thanks to my over enthusiasm over some dishes. Now that the temporary insanity has blown over, I am left scampering with what I am to do with all this besan.

Got inspired by 'Besan ka puda' from Manjula's kitchen. Modified it to what I had in my pantry. So here goes.

Ingredients
Besan 2 cups
Rice powder 1/4 cup
Asafoetida a pinch
Onion chopped fine
Carrots grated
Green chillies chopped
Coriander leaves chopped
Salt to taste

Method
1. Mix all the ingredients well with water to a smooth batter. Take care to remove any lumps. Add water little by little so that you don't end up with too thin batter.
2. Heat a griddle and once hot, take a spoon of the batter and spread on the griddle. Take care to spread quickly, else it will stick to the griddle.
3. Add a few drops of oil/ghee around the edges. Cover and let it cook.
4. Turn the dosa. The cooked side should be brown. Cook the other side so that a few brown spots are formed.
5. Make dosas with the rest of the batter.

Serve hot with mint chutney and/or tomato ketchup.

I can think of more veggies to add in this - grated cabbage, grated tomato and so on.

It made for a quick, filling, healthy and tasty breakfast today.

Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment